Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? . . . No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:35, 38-39


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soccer & BatGirl

Josiah is playing soccer for his third season. He seems to be one of the older, taller ones on his team. I feel sorry for the other players when he is on the field because they hardly get to touch the ball. The assistant director of youth sports at the Y told me that Josiah could go ahead and move up to the 6-7 year old league in the spring even though he won't be 6 until June. That way he would be one of the smaller, younger ones and maybe wouldn't dominate the field so much.
Here's Josiah scoring a goal. (The ball went through the hole in the net.)

And goal #2, with no-one else in sight.
Carissa started walking about 2 weeks ago. She is really starting to move around. Lately, she has been taking the boys' batman mask and putting it up to her face. So, Saturday when she did this I decided to strap it on her and see if she would leave it. She loved it. She pranced around with it on her and if she accidentally took it off, she came back to me so I could put it back on her. I sang her the batman theme song but said Batgirl instead. (Nanannanana, BatGirl!) Carissa tried to say the "nanannana" part!
I realize there hasn't been many pics of Caleb lately. (I guess typical middle child.) I will try to get some of him soon and post them. I think we will be signing him up for basketball which starts in January. We've decided it might not be best for him to compete against Josiah in soccer. So, we'll see how basketball goes. It should be hilarious to watch 4-5 year olds try to dribble a ball up and down the court.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just stumbled upon your blog and what a lovely family you have! What nationality are your kids? Blessings to you all :)

Melissa Dyches said...

Hi. Thanks for checking out our blog. I found yours and added it to my blog reader. My kids are American as far as nationality goes. As for ethnicity, the boys are both bi-ethnic: African-American and European-American. Our daughter I guess you could say is tri-ethnic: African-American, Cuban, and Native American. Blessings to you too!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to know that kids are being adopted by parents who love and adore them :-) I know about being mixed up ethnically as well. It's the norm on the island where I live!