Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? . . . No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:35, 38-39


Sunday, September 9, 2007

An Excerpt from Worship this morning

Here is an excerpt from worship with our part of the church this morning.

Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. ~Isaiah 55:1-3 & Matthew 11:28

O The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus
O the deep, deep love of Jesus vast, unmeasured, boundless free
Rolling as a mighty ocean, in its fullness over me.
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward, to thy glorious rest above.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus spread His praise from shore to shore
How He loveth ever loveth, changeth never, never more.
How He watches o'er his loved ones, died to call them all His own.
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o'er them from the throne.

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best.
'Tis an ocean vast of blessing, 'tis a haven sweet of rest.
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, 'tis a heav'n of heav'ns to me.
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee.

The Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom to the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor. ~Isaiah 61:1-3

How Deep the Father's Love for Us
How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son, to make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss, the Father turned His face away;
As wounds which mar the Chosen One bring many sons to glory.

Behold the Man upon a cross, my sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life; I know that it is finished!

Behold the Son upon the cross, God's wrath upon His shoulders;
Behold His grace, His covenant, restoring wretched sinners.
It was His love that held Him there, His Father's will achieving,
But now, He sits enthroned on high; for me He's interceding.

I will not boast in anything; no gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection!
Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart: His wounds have paid my ransom!



To hear sermons from our pastor Toby Woodard (and others), click on the link for Redeemer Presbyterian under websites on the right. It usually takes a few days for a sermon to be up on the website.

No comments: